Professional Development Workshops + Training
At the CCRR, we offer dozens of professional development opportunities every year, from fun, interactive workshops to informative and engaging multi-day courses. Working with a long list of experienced facilitators and early learning experts, we strive to cover a broad range of topics. Sessions will highlight emerging trends in the child care field and reinforce core ideas at the heart of early childhood education.
Unless stated otherwise, our training opportunities count towards the 40 hours required for ECE renewal. Participants will receive a certificate of completion stating their hours received.
Training is open to anyone wishing to attend. To register for a workshop, you must first create a CCRR login account. Your account will help to track of training you’ve attended as well as keep records of your registration receipts and certificates. This is service is free, though paid options are available. If you are interested in receiving additional benefits such as discounts on training, consider registering for our Insider Program.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Are you looking for in-house training for your centre staff, or are a facilitator wanting to offer your training services?
View a list of the upcoming Richmond CCRR workshops.
Young, Wild, and GROWING
Dr. Minnie Mossop
Mar 29, 2023 6:30pm to 9:00pm | Apr 5, 2023 6:30pm to 9:00pm | Apr 12, 2023 6:30pm to 9:00pm
In group child care settings, early childhood educators deal with behavioural issues every single day. This workshop provides an opportunity to see common challenging behaviours among infants, toddlers, and preschoolers with an early childhood mental health approach.
Note: This series includes 30 mins of take-home activities that will be included as the professional development hours. Total course equals 8 hours of professional development.View Workshop Details
Intro to Family Child Care Training Course (Mandarin)
Course schedule (上課日期): April 11th to May 27th; Tuesdays (online), 1:00 PM- 4:00 PM, Saturdays (in-person), 1:30 PM- 4:30 PM | Location: Online
This 35 hour mixed self-paced and participant zoom, in-person sessions take place over the course of 7-8 weeks beginning April 11th and ending May 29th. The course will be taught in a small group in the Mandarin language and will have additional hours of required coursework to be completed. Course fee includes participant handbooks and a 1.5" binder.
View Workshop Details
Selective Mutism in Early Childhood
Dr. Mary Turri
Time: 6:30pm - 8:30pm | Location: Online
Selective Mutism is an anxiety disorder that while rare (less than 1% of the population) usually starts during the early childhood years. Participants will learn about the symptoms of Selective Mutism and how it may present in school settings. Through this workshop, attendees will learn how to identify possible selective mutism in children in their classrooms, and where to get support.View Workshop Details
Policies & Guidelines:
- It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that the training selected is suitable for their learning needs.
- Participants are expected to follow the Classroom Code of Conduct.
- Training starts at the listed time. Late arrivals over 15 minutes will not receive credit for full hours.
- To receive a certificate, participants must attend a minimum of half of the workshop/course and complete an anonymous survey.
- Certificates can be accessed through the subscriber portal and printed by the participant at home for no fee. There is a $10 charge for requests to reprint a certificate up to 2 years from the workshop/course date.
- Handouts are provided at presenter discretion. Workshop content is copyrighted material and photographs/screenshots of slides are not permitted without permission from presenter. Any additional materials will be shared after the workshop by email.
- Child care is not provided during workshops / courses, and we are unable to accommodate them. Please make appropriate child care arrangements in advance.
- In-Person Training:
Registration can be completed in-person or online. Online registration receipts will be sent by email and a transaction history can also be accessed through the subscriber portal.
- Online Training:
Registration must be completed online only. Receipts will be sent by email and a transaction history can also be accessed through the subscriber portal. If you require assistance with registration, our staff can help you in-person at our office.
- Respect the presenter and attendees by being mentally present and actively participating in the workshop. Cell phones should be off or muted, and try not to disturb the class.
- The classroom is a safe space for people to share their thoughts, experiences, and feelings. The purpose of training is to learn and grow from our mistakes, not judge others.
- Everyone has the right to privacy; what is said in class should stay in class.
- Assume the best intent.
Parking is available in a variety of locations around the CCRR and Richmond Caring Place.
- Paid parking is available in the Richmond Caring Place lot (entrance off of Minoru Blvd) or in the City of Richmond parking lot (entrance off of Granville Ave).
- Free parking is available evenings after 4pm and weekends in the parking lot entering from Granville Ave.
- Two 30-min free parking spaces can be found in the Richmond Caring Place lot for quick visits – please register your vehicle at the Caring Place front desk.
- Additional street parking can be found along Minoru Blvd (with restrictions) or in the auxiliary parking lot of Richmond Secondary School.
- Cancellations received 5 business days or prior to the workshop have the option to receive a credit for the full amount or may choose to receive a refund of fees less a $10 administration fee. Courses over $100 are subject to a $25 administration fee.
- Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to the workshop, or no-shows for any reason, will not receive a refund or credit. No refunds/credits will be issued once a course starts, no exceptions.
- RCRG may cancel a workshop at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund or credit.
- Workshop credits expire after a time period of 6 months, except in the case of workshop cancellations which do not expire.