Richmond Early Years Library (REYL)
Lending Hours Update:
Our library hours have been updated. Please note the change in lending hours and ensure that you plan appropriately when making a visit.
Located on the second floor of the Richmond Caring Place, the Richmond Early Years Library is a unique community resource, with over 1,000 items available to borrow. These include books, activity boxes, and small kits, along with a huge selection of loose parts and natural materials.
The library also serves as a local hub for parents and child care providers, where they can gather, share ideas, and attend in-house library programs and training opportunities.
To access the library, the first step is becoming a CCRR member. After registration you will be able to borrow materials and book the library’s Cricut machine.
Contact us if you have questions about the library or any of its resources.
- Access to the Richmond Early Years Library is free.
- Accounts must renew annually and sign library lending policy. Accounts are active April 1st to March 31st of the following year.
- The loan period is 30 days with one renewal permitted (subject to availability of resources). A second renewal may be permitted after bringing the items in for a visual check form our staff.
- All materials must be returned to the Richmond Early Years Library, 7000 Minoru Boulevard, Office 280. Returns made to the public library or other agencies are considered ‘lost’ and will result in a processing fee.
- When you borrow:
- Borrowers have 2 business days to check all contents for completeness and to notify staff of missing/damaged items.
- Borrowers are liable for missing/damaged items while in their possession.
- Borrowers are responsible to ensure materials and resources are age appropriate for their children.
- We recommend cleaning infant/toddler toys before use.
- Before you return:
- Check contents of all kits to ensure completeness.
- Make sure that all materials returned are clean and dry.
- Remove personal items from kits.
- Overdue fines of $0.25 per item per day apply.
- An administrative fee of $10 shall be charged on resources that are considered lost, damaged, missing pieces, or require special cleaning on their return.
- Borrowers must either replace or pay for the replacement of damaged or lost materials, plus handling charges and administrative fees.
- We accept good quality, new replacements. Please consult with library staff before purchasing items to ensure they will be accepted.
- Administrative fees and fines shall be waived for borrowers who replace missing items themselves.
- Patrons with fines exceeding $10 shall have their borrowing privileges suspended.
- Limit of 10 items may be borrowed from the REYL at any time. Included in this total is a maximum of one activity box and one loose parts bag.
- The Richmond CCRR reserves the right to use discretion on borrowing limits as required.
- See COVID-19 Lending Practices for current borrowing limits
For the safety of our clients and staff and to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented specific policies and procedures for the library during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please read before you visit:
- The REYL is open for borrowing and drop-off by appointment. Walk-in clients are encouraged to book an appointment or call in advance to ensure that staff are able to facilitate a visit.
- Limit of 1 family in the library at a time.
- Walk-in visits are unable to be accomodated during library programming.
- Patrons who are not comfortortable with in-person borrowing may use the online catalogue and contact library staff to book resources for pickup.
- COVID 19 Borrowing Limit is 1 activity box + 2 items (3 total) maximum. Renewals are limited to 1 at this time.
- Returned items are quarantined for 48 hours before being fully sterilized and put back into circulation.
(New) Lending Hours:
9:00am – 4:30pm
9:00am – 4:30pm
1:00pm – 7:30pm
1:00pm – 4:30pm
9:00am – 4:30pm