Physical Activity is a Fun Part of Daily Life
Families who are active with their children on a daily basis will help their children develop healthy habits as they grow.
Some of the benefits of daily activity during the first six years of life include:
- Developing healthy brain functions and brain connections which help your child with coordination, balance, and motor skills needed for playing, moving, and learning
- Building strong bones and muscles for greater flexibility and endurance
- Healthy emotional development
- Achieving a healthy body weight
- Better sleep habits and ability to handle stressful situations
- Meeting new friends
- Enjoying active play and the confidence to try new sports at school and in the community
Discover activities keep your baby, toddler or preschooler active. Find out where you can go in Richmond to enjoy indoor and outdoor activities.