Intro to Family Child Care Training Course (Mandarin)
This is a multi-day workshop. Please ensure you are available for all the dates listed below:
Course schedule (上課日期): April 11th to May 27th; Tuesdays (online), 1:00 PM- 4:00 PM, Saturdays (in-person), 1:30 PM- 4:30 PM
Date: Apr 11, 2023 | Time: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Date: Apr 15, 2023 | Time: 1:30pm - 4:30pm
Date: Apr 18, 2023 | Time: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Date: Apr 22, 2023 | Time: 1:30pm - 4:30pm
Date: Apr 25, 2023 | Time: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Date: Apr 29, 2023 | Time: 1:30pm - 4:30pm
Date: May 2, 2023 | Time: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Date: May 9, 2023 | Time: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Date: May 13, 2023 | Time: 1:30pm - 4:30pm
Date: May 16, 2023 | Time: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Date: May 27, 2023 | Time: 1:30pm - 4:30pm
This 35 hour mixed self-paced and participant zoom, in-person sessions take place over the course of 7-8 weeks beginning April 11th and ending May 27th. The course will be taught in a small group in the Mandarin language and will have additional hours of required coursework to be completed. Course fee includes participant handbooks and a 1.5" binder.
Course schedule (上課日期):
April 11th to May 27th
Tuesdays (online), 1:00 PM- 4:00 PM
Saturdays (in-person), 1:30 PM- 4:30 PM
Ellen Huang currently works as an Outreach Coordinator for the Richmond CCRR, where she assists parents and providers as well as assists the Resistered License-Not-Required child care providers in Richmond. Ellen teaches workshops to child care providers and families and runs the Mandarin-language Intro to Family Child Care Training course. Ellen has been an ECE since 2005, working in the field for nearly 20 years. She has a young son and lives in Richmond.
Policies & Guidelines:
- It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that the training selected is suitable for their learning needs.
- Participants are expected to follow the Classroom Code of Conduct.
- Training starts at the listed time. Late arrivals over 15 minutes will not receive credit for full hours.
- To receive a certificate, participants must attend a minimum of half of the workshop/course and complete an anonymous survey.
- Certificates can be accessed through the subscriber portal and printed by the participant at home for no fee. There is a $10 charge for requests to reprint a certificate up to 2 years from the workshop/course date.
- Handouts are provided at presenter discretion. Workshop content is copyrighted material and photographs/screenshots of slides are not permitted without permission from presenter. Any additional materials will be shared after the workshop by email.
- Child care is not provided during workshops / courses, and we are unable to accommodate them. Please make appropriate child care arrangements in advance.
- In-Person Training:
Registration can be completed in-person or online. Online registration receipts will be sent by email and a transaction history can also be accessed through the subscriber portal.
- Online Training:
Registration must be completed online only. Receipts will be sent by email and a transaction history can also be accessed through the subscriber portal. If you require assistance with registration, our staff can help you in-person at our office.
- Respect the presenter and attendees by being mentally present and actively participating in the workshop. Cell phones should be off or muted, and try not to disturb the class.
- The classroom is a safe space for people to share their thoughts, experiences, and feelings. The purpose of training is to learn and grow from our mistakes, not judge others.
- Everyone has the right to privacy; what is said in class should stay in class.
- Assume the best intent.
Parking is available in a variety of locations around the CCRR and Richmond Caring Place.
- Paid parking is available in the Richmond Caring Place lot (entrance off of Minoru Blvd) or in the City of Richmond parking lot (entrance off of Granville Ave).
- Free parking is available evenings after 4pm and weekends in the parking lot entering from Granville Ave.
- Two 30-min free parking spaces can be found in the Richmond Caring Place lot for quick visits – please register your vehicle at the Caring Place front desk.
- Additional street parking can be found along Minoru Blvd (with restrictions) or in the auxiliary parking lot of Richmond Secondary School.
- Cancellations received 5 business days or prior to the workshop have the option to receive a credit for the full amount or may choose to receive a refund of fees less a $10 administration fee. Courses over $100 are subject to a $25 administration fee.
- Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to the workshop, or no-shows for any reason, will not receive a refund or credit. No refunds/credits will be issued once a course starts, no exceptions.
- RCRG may cancel a workshop at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund or credit.
- Workshop credits expire after a time period of 6 months, except in the case of workshop cancellations which do not expire.
To register for this workshop please sign in or create an account.
Registration closes: April 7th
Spaces available: 18
Credit Hours: 0
Fee: $300.00Sign In or created an account