Red Flags for Autism
6:30pm - 8:30pm
Date: Oct 12, 2022 | Time: 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Children usually follow general milestones as they grow. It is true that each child develops at their own pace but what happens when a child doesn't meet their milestones? This workshop will help teach adults in our community the obvious and subtle red flags of Autism when it comes to young children that can help determine if further assessment is needed for a child.
Parents interested in attending this workshop can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register for a lower fee of $5.00 (no certificate issued).
Location: The Richmond Caring Place
Eunice is a Behavioural Consultant and Co-Founder of Co. Leap Behavioural Consulting. Her career in ABA started in 2009 when she came across a parent made posting for an entry-level ABA therapist position working with a 14-year-old. This first taste of the ABA world would prove to be the start of her career path in this field. She then went on to complete her Masters in Applied Behaviour Analysis at Arizona State University and became a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA) in 2017.
She has supported children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Down Syndrome, ADHD, OCD, ODD and hearing impairment. She has worked with children from 14 months to 18 years old, primarily supporting children in their preschool and early elementary school ages. She takes pride in her positive relationship with her therapists and clients, as well as professionals she has collaborated with. She believes in teaching in the natural environment of the child’s home and childcare setting, and using strategies that translate to meaningful change for both the client and their families.
She has also worked as a Infant Development Program Consultant for Vancouver, and is a certified facilitator for Circle of Security Parenting Program. She is able to offer her services in both English and Mandarin.
Policies & Guidelines:
- It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that the training selected is suitable for their learning needs.
- Participants are expected to follow the Classroom Code of Conduct.
- Training starts at the listed time. Late arrivals over 15 minutes will not receive credit for full hours.
- To receive a certificate, participants must attend a minimum of half of the workshop/course and complete an anonymous survey.
- Certificates can be accessed through the subscriber portal and printed by the participant at home for no fee. There is a $10 charge for requests to reprint a certificate up to 2 years from the workshop/course date.
- Handouts are provided at presenter discretion. Workshop content is copyrighted material and photographs/screenshots of slides are not permitted without permission from presenter. Any additional materials will be shared after the workshop by email.
- Child care is not provided during workshops / courses, and we are unable to accommodate them. Please make appropriate child care arrangements in advance.
- In-Person Training:
Registration can be completed in-person or online. Online registration receipts will be sent by email and a transaction history can also be accessed through the subscriber portal.
- Online Training:
Registration must be completed online only. Receipts will be sent by email and a transaction history can also be accessed through the subscriber portal. If you require assistance with registration, our staff can help you in-person at our office.
- Respect the presenter and attendees by being mentally present and actively participating in the workshop. Cell phones should be off or muted, and try not to disturb the class.
- The classroom is a safe space for people to share their thoughts, experiences, and feelings. The purpose of training is to learn and grow from our mistakes, not judge others.
- Everyone has the right to privacy; what is said in class should stay in class.
- Assume the best intent.
Parking is available in a variety of locations around the CCRR and Richmond Caring Place.
- Paid parking is available in the Richmond Caring Place lot (entrance off of Minoru Blvd) or in the City of Richmond parking lot (entrance off of Granville Ave).
- Free parking is available evenings after 4pm and weekends in the parking lot entering from Granville Ave.
- Two 30-min free parking spaces can be found in the Richmond Caring Place lot for quick visits – please register your vehicle at the Caring Place front desk.
- Additional street parking can be found along Minoru Blvd (with restrictions) or in the auxiliary parking lot of Richmond Secondary School.
- Cancellations received 5 business days or prior to the workshop have the option to receive a credit for the full amount or may choose to receive a refund of fees less a $10 administration fee. Courses over $100 are subject to a $25 administration fee.
- Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to the workshop, or no-shows for any reason, will not receive a refund or credit. No refunds/credits will be issued once a course starts, no exceptions.
- RCRG may cancel a workshop at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund or credit.
- Workshop credits expire after a time period of 6 months, except in the case of workshop cancellations which do not expire.
7000 Minoru Blvd, Richmond, BC V6Y 3Z5