Rompers Preschool, Thompson Community Centre
Thompson Early Learning is looking to expand our dedicated team of educators in our “Time for Twos” program!
Time for Two’s is a play-based social program that prepares 2-year-old children for preschool, and strives to foster children’s skill level in all areas of development including, social, emotional, cognitive, creative, and physical development.
We are seeking qualified Early Learning professionals who echo our child-centred and play-based philosophy.
If you are a team player, are passionate about how children learn, enjoy following and expanding on children's interests through play-based, multisensory experiences, and are confident, knowledgeable and experienced in working with children with diverse abilities, - you are encouraged to apply!
Hours Per Week:
Type of Child Care:
Other: Unlicensed Pres
City / Town:
September 6th, 2022
Other: See Below
Salary: As per Richmond Communities Associations’ Job Evaluation - Preschool Leader 2: $20.54-21.79 per hour (Rate effective Sep 2021; Sep 2022 rate under review)
- Benefits package including medical, dental and paid sick leave after three months probation (for employees working 20 hours or more per week).
- This position can be combined with other employment opportunities to reach or exceed 20 weekly hours, should candidate qualify.
Reporting to the Preschool Coordinator, Community Facilities Coordinator or Director of Child Care Services, assists with the development and implementation of a comprehensive community play-based preschool program for ages 2-3yrs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, implement, organize and lead preschool activities, special events, fundraising and field trips; assist in developing preschool curriculum
- Assist with the development and implementation of a comprehensive community play-based preschool program for ages 2-3yrs.
- Assist in the hiring of preschool staff
- Provide work direction to Preschool Leader I
- Assist volunteers and practicum students in the classroom setting
- Attend to children’s physical needs, which may include toileting and eating
- Provide information to visitors wanting to hear about the program and/or see the classroom
- Attend regular meetings with preschool instructors and Preschool Coordinator
- Communicate problems or concerns with children, families, staff and external agencies
- Recommend referrals or additional services for children with professionals such as behavioural therapists, occupational therapists and speech language pathologists
- Monitor children in indoor and outdoor activities and during rest periods; conduct activities with children on an individual and group basis
- Ensure classroom safety as outlined by Health Medical Safety regulations; follow proper Centre protocol
- Administer medications as required in accordance with established policy
- Keep program facilities and equipment safe and clean, reporting any repairs and concerns to senior staff
- Plan and organize classroom layout
- Provide input into budget; order supplies and equipment
- Work with agencies to acquire resources for children
- Attend regular meetings with preschool instructors, Supervisor and where appropriate
- Responsible to document and report child abuse to supervisors and the Ministry
- Responsible to fill out accident report forms
- Other related duties as assigned and may vary according to facility.
- Grade 12 and two year’s experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Standard, Childsafe or Emergency First Aid including CPR C,
- BCRPA High Five - Principles of Healthy Child Development Certification
- Police Information Check
- Immunization record
Working towards an ECE certification
- ECE training
- Reggio workshops
- Montessori certificate
- 2nd language
- Sign language
- Music background
- Food safe